Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inner layer's pad size increment

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajkumar_avg

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Folks,

I have a doubt in multi layer PCB. Should we increase the via and through hole component's pads size in inner layer than outer layers? If yes means could anyone explain me about for what we should do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Rajkumar

Hi,

Look into the attachment for the padstack,it will help you to undertand better for different pin thickness.

Thermal and antipads are basically for connecting the pins in the internal layers.
it will use thermal spokes to connect it to the gnd layer and antipad(isolation) in the power plane.

You just create the component as attached and define the layer stack up for multilayer,later while you place the part in the design it connects to the concern layer.

Regards

Ramesh

its better to give a bigger pad, so that any misregistration duruing the press will be taken care.

Hi,

Bigger pads leads to lot of other problems,for eg dry soldering etc...it is always advised to go according the datasheet with tolerance indicated...

Actually i use to take the print of the component footprint and try insert the component for any tolerance issue,if the component is new...

Regards

Ramesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back