Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infrared emitter and detector LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wat007

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Please give me partnumbers of common IR emitters and detectors please? Those that can be use in toilet for automatic flushing. Thank.

Regards,
wat007

You can use PIR sensors for this application

Reactions: wat007

wat007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Mukesh.k.s but i am looking for an active one which i think is a bit cheaper because we do not need a lens/cover.
The application of this also can be indoors or outdoors which makes the active IR sensors a better option to filter out infrared of foreign objects like the sun by modulating the emitter. Please correct me if I am wrong.

And i need to know common partnumbers of thses sensors. I tried using TCRT5000 but very limited distance range (30mm max). Do you have some alternatives?

You'll find optical proximity sensors with larger range e.g. at Silabs.

wat007

Hi FvM,

Thanks. What is the main factor of the IR emitter's range? Is it the forward current?

Forward curent and beam angle plays a role, more inportant is the receiver topology. For distances above a few mm and ambient light immunity, you'll generaly go to modulated (pulsed) light.

wat007

Status
Not open for further replies.