Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about Digital Picture Frame Motorola LS1000W / AML6229D

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Paco

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi i get my digital Picture Frame - at first i opened - and it looks really interesting.
I want to change somethings in SW which did'nt make me happy.
But i didnt get any Info /schematic about the Picture frame or the MCU - AML6229D - Wich is one Part of the AML622x Family...........
Also i look for some nice compiler/decompiler for the ARC - Type of MCU which can be inside of AML6229D.

If someone has some piece of info it would make me really happy.
Best regards,
Paco

Hello!
I got the same frame yesterday, looks good but has some problems.
Inside it there is a battery but it semms that the time and other settings does not saves when power is disconnected. Do you see the same behavior?
I disassembled the frame and found a 100-Ohm resistor to ground on battery +. This seems strange, maybe this is a pcb assembly mistake that causes quick battery discharge... Do you have the same?
Have you looked at openlinux.amlogic.com/wiki/index.php/Arc/Platform_Info for software info?
Would be cool if you write any new soft....

This is to get around the stupid post counter 1

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

And this is the second dummy post...

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Hi all,

The firmware of the LS1000W has indeed several shortcomings:
- poor stability, especially if services aren't accessible
- navigating through the menu can make the DPF reboot or freeze
- the internet-radio based on Shoutcast stopped working, since Shoutcast/AOL changed their **broken link removed**.

The chances of getting a full chipset documentation and a working toolchain and source code are zilch (except if you commit to buy at least 100.000 units and sign a NDA). I didn't open it, but judging from the poor implementation of the DPF (crashes!) and the fast boot time I suspect that it isn't based on anything fancy (like an embedded Linux system).

Just for the fun of it I decided to **** a work-around for the internet radio by setting up a "Shoutcast directory redirector". It works fine, but I decided to return the DPF anyway.

Someone might find the solution useful (and it might be interesting for other Shoutcast appliances that stopped working due to the API/Server change).

This is what I did:

- I followed **broken link removed** on redirecting the FrameChannel access. Instead of DHCP and a local DNS I used a static internet connection with the IP-address of "my" DNS server (bind9 / Ubuntu).
- There I used the following zone files:
Add to /etc/bind/named.conf.local
Code:
zone "shoutcast.com" {
  type master;
  file "shoutcast.db";
};

New file /var/cache/bind/shoutcast.db (123.123.123.123 stands for the IP-address of my apache2 server)
Code:
; BIND data file for shoutcast.com
;
;$ORIGIN shoutcast.com

@       IN      SOA     my.dns.server.domain. root.shoutcast.com. (
                          1293230951         ; Serial
                                3600         ; Refresh
                                 360         ; Retry
                             2419200         ; Expire
                                 60 )        ; 1min TTL

shoutcast.com.  IN      MX 10   mail.shoutcast.com.     

shoutcast.com.    IN      NS      my.dns.server.domain.
                IN      A       123.123.123.123
mail            A       123.123.123.123

localhost       A       127.0.0.1

*.shoutcast.com.        A       123.123.123.123
- set up a new apache virtual host:
Code:
<VirtualHost *>
  ServerAdmin who@car.es
  DocumentRoot /home/shoutcast
  ServerName shoutcast.com
  ServerAlias *.shoutcast.com
  CustomLog /var/log/apache2/shoutcast.access.log combined 
  ServerSignature Off
</VirtualHost>

- under the document root I created a subdirectory sbin containing the following files:
newxml.phtml
PHP:
<?php 
  $genre = $_GET['genre'];
  $genre = preg_replace('/[^A-Za-z0-9 ]/', '-', $genre);

//echo "genre: $genre";

if (empty($genre)) {
        $genreurl = "\"http://api.shoutcast.com/legacy/genrelist?k=so1N15vhCB78Z6k4\"";
  }
  else {
	$genreurl = "\"http://api.shoutcast.com/legacy/genrelist?k=so1N15vhCB78Z6k4&genre=$genre\"";
  }
  $getgenre = "wget -q -O - $genreurl";
  exec($getgenre, $data);
  $rpat=array();
  $rpat[0] = "/<\?.*\?>/";
  $rpat[1] = "/<(\w+) ([^>]*)/";  
  $rpat[2] = "/>>/";
  $rpat[3] = "/\/>/";

$repl=array();
  $repl[0] = "";
  $repl[1] = "<$1 $2></$1>";
  $repl[2] = ">";
  $repl[3] = ">";

foreach($data as $value) {
    echo preg_replace($rpat, $repl, $value);
  }

?>

tunein-station.php:
PHP:
<?php 
  // wget -q -O - http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=724006&k=DPF_APPLIANCE_LEGACY
  $id = $_GET['id']+0;

// echo "ID: $id <br>";

exec("wget -q -O - http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=$id&k=DPF_LS1000W",$data);

foreach($data as $value) {
    echo "$value\n";
  }
?>

Both scripts use wget (you can use static copies of the "new" shoutcast XML files as well), and preg_replace to convert the new XML format into something the appliance understands. PHP should handle PHTML right away, but for processing of the PLS request I needed the following rewrite rule (save as sbin/.htaccess)
Code:
RewriteEngine on 

RewriteRule ^tunein-station\.pls$ tunein-station\.php [T=application/x-httpd-php]

That's it. This is my work - feel free to use it any way you see fit.

/Gert

Could someone post more information about the 'work around' to accessing the new Shoutcast server? Is anyone written an application for either a windows based PC or the OpenWRT router?

New Firmware is available.... it looks interesting --> update mechanism/firmware/config file analysing would be the next step
download_link can be found there --> https://www.reichelt.de/?;ACTION=7;...8AAAIAAGyzFHk2e0bcf368746490d4321ae7baf8a8d50

but sorry i havent the time for it at this time --> i will see what happend
Shoutcast would also working again......

The files in it looks interesting - but at first it would be nice to find the right decompiler.....
"The chances of getting a full chipset documentation and a working toolchain and source code are zilch (except if you commit to buy at least 100.000 units and sign a NDA)" --> ok it wouldnt be simple -> it the same topic like the rockchip for 3 years .... but today it is possible to find tools in "the dark site of internet" like fravia would say.
At this time i did'nt know - but the time will be with us ;-)

This was a great find. Thanks for sharing.

It solved my two main issues with the LS1000W:
  • empty web radio listings
  • slideshows of picasa albums not looping

However, it introduced a completely new problem that is extremely annoying: it is now impossible to turn the frame off without disconnecting the power! After you hit the power button, the frame goes into "Shop Demo" mode and displays a slideshow of its features :evil:.

Is there any way to disable this? Has anyone created a newer firmware without this "feature"?

Bump. Anyone got a newer firmware without the annoying bug mentioned in the last message?

I'm having problems installing the firmware, I take it this is done by usb cable from a pc, could someone please help me?? :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back