Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Paco

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi i get my digital Picture Frame - at first i opened - and it looks really interesting.
I want to change somethings in SW which did'nt make me happy.
But i didnt get any Info /schematic about the Picture frame or the MCU - AML6229D - Wich is one Part of the AML622x Family...........
Also i look for some nice compiler/decompiler for the ARC - Type of MCU which can be inside of AML6229D.

If someone has some piece of info it would make me really happy.
Best regards,
Paco

Hello!
I got the same frame yesterday, looks good but has some problems.
Inside it there is a battery but it semms that the time and other settings does not saves when power is disconnected. Do you see the same behavior?
I disassembled the frame and found a 100-Ohm resistor to ground on battery +. This seems strange, maybe this is a pcb assembly mistake that causes quick battery discharge... Do you have the same?
Have you looked at openlinux.amlogic.com/wiki/index.php/Arc/Platform_Info for software info?
Would be cool if you write any new soft....

This is to get around the stupid post counter 1

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

And this is the second dummy post...

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Hi all,

The firmware of the LS1000W has indeed several shortcomings:
- poor stability, especially if services aren't accessible
- navigating through the menu can make the DPF reboot or freeze
- the internet-radio based on Shoutcast stopped working, since Shoutcast/AOL changed their **broken link removed**.

The chances of getting a full chipset documentation and a working toolchain and source code are zilch (except if you commit to buy at least 100.000 units and sign a NDA). I didn't open it, but judging from the poor implementation of the DPF (crashes!) and the fast boot time I suspect that it isn't based on anything fancy (like an embedded Linux system).

Just for the fun of it I decided to **** a work-around for the internet radio by setting up a "Shoutcast directory redirector". It works fine, but I decided to return the DPF anyway.

Someone might find the solution useful (and it might be interesting for other Shoutcast appliances that stopped working due to the API/Server change).

This is what I did:

- I followed **broken link removed** on redirecting the FrameChannel access. Instead of DHCP and a local DNS I used a static internet connection with the IP-address of "my" DNS server (bind9 / Ubuntu).
- There I used the following zone files:
Add to /etc/bind/named.conf.local
Code:
zone "shoutcast.com" {
  type master;
  file "shoutcast.db";
};

New file /var/cache/bind/shoutcast.db (123.123.123.123 stands for the IP-address of my apache2 server)
Code:
; BIND data file for shoutcast.com
;
;$ORIGIN shoutcast.com

@       IN      SOA     my.dns.server.domain. root.shoutcast.com. (
                          1293230951         ; Serial
                                3600         ; Refresh
                                 360         ; Retry
                             2419200         ; Expire
                                 60 )        ; 1min TTL

shoutcast.com.  IN      MX 10   mail.shoutcast.com.     

shoutcast.com.    IN      NS      my.dns.server.domain.
                IN      A       123.123.123.123
mail            A       123.123.123.123

localhost       A       127.0.0.1

*.shoutcast.com.        A       123.123.123.123
- set up a new apache virtual host:
Code:
<VirtualHost *>
  ServerAdmin who@car.es
  DocumentRoot /home/shoutcast
  ServerName shoutcast.com
  ServerAlias *.shoutcast.com
  CustomLog /var/log/apache2/shoutcast.access.log combined 
  ServerSignature Off
</VirtualHost>

- under the document root I created a subdirectory sbin containing the following files:
newxml.phtml
PHP:
<?php 
  $genre = $_GET['genre'];
  $genre = preg_replace('/[^A-Za-z0-9 ]/', '-', $genre);

//echo "genre: $genre";

if (empty($genre)) {
        $genreurl = "\"http://api.shoutcast.com/legacy/genrelist?k=so1N15vhCB78Z6k4\"";
  }
  else {
	$genreurl = "\"http://api.shoutcast.com/legacy/genrelist?k=so1N15vhCB78Z6k4&genre=$genre\"";
  }
  $getgenre = "wget -q -O - $genreurl";
  exec($getgenre, $data);
  $rpat=array();
  $rpat[0] = "/<\?.*\?>/";
  $rpat[1] = "/<(\w+) ([^>]*)/";  
  $rpat[2] = "/>>/";
  $rpat[3] = "/\/>/";

$repl=array();
  $repl[0] = "";
  $repl[1] = "<$1 $2></$1>";
  $repl[2] = ">";
  $repl[3] = ">";

foreach($data as $value) {
    echo preg_replace($rpat, $repl, $value);
  }

?>

tunein-station.php:
PHP:
<?php 
  // wget -q -O - http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=724006&k=DPF_APPLIANCE_LEGACY
  $id = $_GET['id']+0;

// echo "ID: $id <br>";

exec("wget -q -O - http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=$id&k=DPF_LS1000W",$data);

foreach($data as $value) {
    echo "$value\n";
  }
?>

Both scripts use wget (you can use static copies of the "new" shoutcast XML files as well), and preg_replace to convert the new XML format into something the appliance understands. PHP should handle PHTML right away, but for processing of the PLS request I needed the following rewrite rule (save as sbin/.htaccess)
Code:
RewriteEngine on 

RewriteRule ^tunein-station\.pls$ tunein-station\.php [T=application/x-httpd-php]

That's it. This is my work - feel free to use it any way you see fit.

/Gert

Could someone post more information about the 'work around' to accessing the new Shoutcast server? Is anyone written an application for either a windows based PC or the OpenWRT router?

New Firmware is available.... it looks interesting --> update mechanism/firmware/config file analysing would be the next step
download_link can be found there --> https://www.reichelt.de/?;ACTION=7;...8AAAIAAGyzFHk2e0bcf368746490d4321ae7baf8a8d50

but sorry i havent the time for it at this time --> i will see what happend
Shoutcast would also working again......

The files in it looks interesting - but at first it would be nice to find the right decompiler.....
"The chances of getting a full chipset documentation and a working toolchain and source code are zilch (except if you commit to buy at least 100.000 units and sign a NDA)" --> ok it wouldnt be simple -> it the same topic like the rockchip for 3 years .... but today it is possible to find tools in "the dark site of internet" like fravia would say.
At this time i did'nt know - but the time will be with us ;-)

This was a great find. Thanks for sharing.

It solved my two main issues with the LS1000W:
  • empty web radio listings
  • slideshows of picasa albums not looping

However, it introduced a completely new problem that is extremely annoying: it is now impossible to turn the frame off without disconnecting the power! After you hit the power button, the frame goes into "Shop Demo" mode and displays a slideshow of its features :evil:.

Is there any way to disable this? Has anyone created a newer firmware without this "feature"?

Bump. Anyone got a newer firmware without the annoying bug mentioned in the last message?

I'm having problems installing the firmware, I take it this is done by usb cable from a pc, could someone please help me??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…