Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Info about I2C Thermometer based on ATMega 8 AVR microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

john2020

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

my proposed project is on I2C Thermometer,based on ATMega 8 AVR microcontroller.can anyone suggest me some good links or books,where i could get more information?

i have found some good sites on AVR like avrfreaks.net,and so on,but i want specific to my miniproject.if anyone has some ideas,share me here.

regards
john

lm75 atmega8

It depends on what language you use.

- AVR assembler is quite simple and well structured so you can write your program with ease. Anyway I didn't use I2C/TWI interface before, but the datasheet is comprehensive so you need to read it carefully.

- If you want to finish the project rapidly and with full features you can program it in C, using the CodeVisionAVR compiler which has an evaluation release limited to 1kB of code:
www.hpinfotech.ro/html/download.htm
As I understood you need to measure the temperature using an I2C interface sensor and I think the value shoud be displayed on a LCD and maybe sent to the PC via USART interface.
CodeVisionAVR has an Automatic Program Generator and In-System Programmer and many examples including
libraries for:
Alphanumeric LCD modules for up to 4x40 characters
Philips I²C Bus
LM75 - Digital Temperature Sensor and Thermal Watchdog with Two-Wire Interface.You can use those libraries to write your program and you can be sure they work perfectly.

watchdog atmega8

hi Eugen_E

i am working on linux platform,plan to use CodeVision AVR compiler.i exactly want to measure the temperature using an I2C interface sensor and I think the value shoud be displayed on a LCD and maybe sent to the PC via USART interface. but i have a problem here,i have to impelment I2C protocol from the scratch.You had mentioned about those libraries,where i could use it for writing code.

do u know some links?can you suggest me some books?if you have any books related to this miniproject,do share me here or some materials.

regards
john

Status
Not open for further replies.