Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductor design flow using ADS Momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoYouLinux

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I just have a little question to ask you about design of inductors, I think that the question is easy for you :)

Since now I am trying to design some inductors using ADS Momentum, but it is not clear to me how to get the geometry of the inductor.

For example, if, from a simulation, I need a 1nH inductor having its self-resonance frequency of 30 GHz, how could I know the size, the number of turn, the spacing and the width of the metal in the inductor ?

Does Momentum have any synthesis tool to generate inductors according to required specification ? If you can guide me roughly to an inductor design flow, it would be very interesting to me :)

Thanks a lot,

DYL

Hi, buddy
Momentum don't 'synthesis', but only take EM simulation if you tell him the geometry......

since inductor depends on your layers and substrates,
you'd better search in the inductor lib of your designkits to shrink your searching area

DoYouLinux said:
Hi all,

I just have a little question to ask you about design of inductors, I think that the question is easy for you :)

Since now I am trying to design some inductors using ADS Momentum, but it is not clear to me how to get the geometry of the inductor.

For example, if, from a simulation, I need a 1nH inductor having its self-resonance frequency of 30 GHz, how could I know the size, the number of turn, the spacing and the width of the metal in the inductor ?

Does Momentum have any synthesis tool to generate inductors according to required specification ? If you can guide me roughly to an inductor design flow, it would be very interesting to me :)

Thanks a lot,

DYL

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Hmm I think then I should start with ASITIC that provides a synthesis commands.

Cheers,

DYL

1nH and 30GHz self resosnace frequency doesn't seem realistic....
I don't think that is realizable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back