Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Increase PAD Size in Orcad Layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

umery2k75

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
via orcad layout

I can't find any place in Orcad 10 Layout/Layout Plus to increase the size of the VIA. I actually want to increase the size of the VIA, because I want to make the 2 sided PCB using the toner transfer method and the via size is small, it's almost the same size as the least size of my drill.So when there will be very little pad left on the copper sheet, after doing the drilling, it will becomes almost impossible to solder the VIA with wire.As I will be placing the jumper wire connection between TOP and BOTTOM and the jumper will be inside the VIA or HOLE.I am doing testing, so I have to make many PCBs during testing and that's why I am making them at home, if the design was final, I would have sent them to PCB manufacturer, but making alternation every time and giving them to manufacturer makes very much delay, as I don't know how many times I have to make the alteration and the design is SMD.
When I searched the internet about this,I found basic tutorials, which I already knew.

Added after 5 minutes:

I found it out

Added after 12 minutes:

how to increase the size of pads in layout orcad

how to include the via sizes via, via1, via2 defined in footprint lib layout.lib?

hock

how to build a pad layout

hock,
in a MAX file in layout plus,
go to padstack spread sheet, select the via (via1/via2/via3...), edit the properties eg: drill size

In the lib manager while creating a footprint,
select the pin, go to padstack spread sheet, ( the selected pin will be highlighted in the spreadsheet), edit the properties.

(If I understood your question)

regards,
rinj

orcad layout does not route top

in the layout.lib file you have predefined via namely via via1 and via2. in layout via are inserted automatically during routing process. how can i ask the auto route to use via1 or via2 of layout.lib file. i do not want to manually edit the spreadsheet. the via has many layers defined and the values are as per the manufacturing clearance and tolerance.

hope you have understood the problem.

hock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back