Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Importing antenna pattern measurements to CST as ffs file

Status
Not open for further replies.

aetech

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone

I'm trying to import the measured radiation pattern of an antenna in CST ffs (far field source) format. The problem I'm facing is that my measurements are in gain (magnitude/phase) form, and the ffs file format has values in Re(E_theta), Im(E_theta), Re(E_phi) and Im(E_phi) format.

Is there any formula that would help me convert gain values to E_theta and E_phi form?

Thanks in advance!

Gain/magnitude can be of course converted to Re/Im, your network analyzer should be also able to support complex values. But E_theta and E_phi refers to horizontal and vertical radiation patterns, do you have respective measurements?

Gain/magnitude can be of course converted to Re/Im, your network analyzer should be also able to support complex values. But E_theta and E_phi refers to horizontal and vertical radiation patterns, do you have respective measurements?
Yes I have E_theta and E_phi radiation measurements in Co and X. Just need to convert them into the values as read by CST in ffs format.

Any help would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back