Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Important things about Ericsson AT Commands<the conflict&

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_wasfy

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all
1st i've to say that i intended to make this issue in new topic as it seems confusing to me.
The situation is as follows:I have Sony Ericsson T290 which supports at commands with an internal modem,and i tested it on hyperterminal and worked fine on it.
the problem was connecting it to microcontroller and gain access to it's internal modem using AT Command to send sms and dial,i used AT89S52 for that but unfortunately didn't work,although i tried every possible thing that could be done in software or hardware.
you can gently refer to my early posts on

And now

I asked a friend of mine he told me that i should send something before sending AT commands to the"Sony Ericsson T290" specially for the ericsson type but he told me that he doesn't remember what is it.
as i told you before i tried everything and the Mobile doesn't response to At commands via Microcontroller"AT89S52",and even AVR.

what should i do?
i read about the offline mode and online data mode and online command mode on the mobile data sheet is this related to the problem?

i also read this paragraph:-
"Configure the data communications program manually
To configure your data communications program manually:
1. Select a generic mobile phone modem driver from the list of available mobile phone modem drivers.
2. Set the Init string to AT&F
3. Set the optional setup string to Asynchronous RLP:
AT+CBST=0,0,1
Configure your facsimile communications program manually
To configure your facsimile communications program manually, select a Fax Class 2 driver. The built-in
modem supports Fax Class 1 facsimile which can be used if there are problems with the fax service or
speed of the computer, or if your fax application does not support Fax Class 2."

is it related to the problem???
i am really very confused and feel hopeless!

Please i am waiting for your help and replay

Thanks in advance

I have exactly the same problem but with T68i.

If anyone know the solution please help!

Re: Important things about Ericsson AT Commands<the confl

ha_wasfy said:
Dear all
1st i've to say that i intended to make this issue in new topic as it seems confusing to me.
The situation is as follows:I have Sony Ericsson T290 which supports at commands with an internal modem,and i tested it on hyperterminal and worked fine on it.
the problem was connecting it to microcontroller and gain access to it's internal modem using AT Command to send sms and dial,i used AT89S52 for that but unfortunately didn't work,although i tried every possible thing that could be done in software or hardware.
you can gently refer to my early posts on

And now

I asked a friend of mine he told me that i should send something before sending AT commands to the"Sony Ericsson T290" specially for the ericsson type but he told me that he doesn't remember what is it.
as i told you before i tried everything and the Mobile doesn't response to At commands via Microcontroller"AT89S52",and even AVR.

what should i do?
i read about the offline mode and online data mode and online command mode on the mobile data sheet is this related to the problem?

i also read this paragraph:-
"Configure the data communications program manually
To configure your data communications program manually:
1. Select a generic mobile phone modem driver from the list of available mobile phone modem drivers.
2. Set the Init string to AT&F
3. Set the optional setup string to Asynchronous RLP:
AT+CBST=0,0,1
Configure your facsimile communications program manually
To configure your facsimile communications program manually, select a Fax Class 2 driver. The built-in
modem supports Fax Class 1 facsimile which can be used if there are problems with the fax service or
speed of the computer, or if your fax application does not support Fax Class 2."

is it related to the problem???
i am really very confused and feel hopeless!

Please i am waiting for your help and replay

Thanks in advance

Greetings,

First, what you want to use, SMS or GPRS???
if your choice is SMS, you can use Text or PDU mode. For these, you don't need configure the phone as fax/facsimile.

You need only configure the sms mode: Text or PDU mode.

That sony ericsson support both modes, so, as a beginner i recommend use the text mode, as is showed in the manual in this post

Good luck!!!

Pd. need more help, send the code and schematic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back