Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Import logo onto silkscreen OrCAD Layout 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdroney

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I'm self-taught on OrCAD PCB Designer Professional 16.6, which is what a few of our companies new products are in. However, many of our old products were made in OrCAD Layout 10.0. We've recently decided to revise/change our logo (which is on our silkscreen), and while I was able to get the new one from .dxf into .dra for OrCAD PCB Designer Professional 16.6, I cannot seem to find a way to get it into OrCAD Layout 10.0. Unfortunately, I don't have access to Visual CADD or LSession, which was required for the only steps I could find to do so (to get from .dxf to .max, such as in these steps: **broken link removed**).

Is there an alternative method available? Or am I going to have to try and freehand draw it in the Library Manager?

Simple Just export your silkscreen as a PostScript format and then use any PostScript editor like Corel draw.

Hello !

If is it possible to import PADS files into Orcad, you can use Image in Design here:
**broken link removed**
this little software translates any picture file (jpeg, bmp, png ..) in PADS format.
I use it to import the company logos of my customers on the PCB. I have PADS Layout.
Nice tools.
I hope that can help you

Orcad can export Postcript files I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back