Not open for further replies.

jdroney

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I'm self-taught on OrCAD PCB Designer Professional 16.6, which is what a few of our companies new products are in. However, many of our old products were made in OrCAD Layout 10.0. We've recently decided to revise/change our logo (which is on our silkscreen), and while I was able to get the new one from .dxf into .dra for OrCAD PCB Designer Professional 16.6, I cannot seem to find a way to get it into OrCAD Layout 10.0. Unfortunately, I don't have access to Visual CADD or LSession, which was required for the only steps I could find to do so (to get from .dxf to .max, such as in these steps: **broken link removed**).

Is there an alternative method available? Or am I going to have to try and freehand draw it in the Library Manager?

Simple Just export your silkscreen as a PostScript format and then use any PostScript editor like Corel draw.

Hello !

If is it possible to import PADS files into Orcad, you can use Image in Design here:
**broken link removed**
this little software translates any picture file (jpeg, bmp, png ..) in PADS format.
I use it to import the company logos of my customers on the PCB. I have PADS Layout.
Nice tools.
I hope that can help you

Orcad can export Postcript files I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…