Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implement SD Card with an Altera DE2-115 FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahoush

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,

I'm trying to find a way to program an FPGA to read music off an SD Card.
For the project I'm working on we have a student sprite that can wonder through 5 rooms and is controlled with the Keys.
What we're trying to do is make is it so that when the student enters a room the music will change (aka a different song playing in each room). Due to the amount of memory each song will take we unfortunately have to use an SD Card and I was wondering if anyone could give us any advice of how to implement this. From what I've read online it seems we'll have to use the SOPC Builder (something we haven't really done) so I'm trying to see if there's a way to implement it with VHDL.
Oh, we're also trying to make the music be triggered based of the x and y position of the sprite (which will be tricky in itself)

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much,

Yasmin

EDIT: Fyi, we're also using Quartus II

Last edited:

Could you give details of the FPGA....that is its circuit diagram,datasheet and other essential details...

For the project I'm working on we have a student sprite that can wonder through 5 rooms and is controlled with the Keys.
Oh, we're also trying to make the music be triggered based of the x and y position of the sprite (which will be tricky in itself)
Can you give some details about the "sprite"?

- - - Updated - - -

I was going through the data sheet..and I saw one of the examples on how to implement a music player using sd card,under the title,"SD card music player",from pages 89-92.You can use it as a reference for the system you are trying to build..

Status
Not open for further replies.