Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

impedence (S-11) & axial ratio equations for conical hor

Status
Not open for further replies.

syed_azhar_hasan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am designing conical horn antenna on Ansoft HFSS. Kindly guide if there is any relation between these two because when one improves other gets disturbed. kindly provide with relevant equation so i may get correct results. My demand is to get -15 dB (s-11 parameters) and upto 3dB axial ratio.

Thanks in advance.

Re: impedence (S-11) & axial ratio equations for conical

S11 and axial ratio are not really related. Axial ratio is a function of the amplitude and phase between orthogonal components of the radiated field while s11 describes reflected power ant the feed port. Interactions between the two (s11 and axial ratio) would be difficult to characterize in an equation.

You might want to run down this reference:

Corrugated Horns for Microwave Antennas (Ieee Electromagnetic Waves Series) (Hardcover)
by P. J. B. Clarricoats (Author)

I saw several references pop up for IEEE as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.