Status
Not open for further replies.

manoj_sreekumar

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hiii... Im Doing a project on Edge detection using sobel operator..I hav implemented sobel operator and obtained the output image matrix...now i need to display it on CRT monitor...I'm wondering if someone helps me with the vhdl code.....I do not know how to start it.

Re: Image Processing using FPGA

What is the input to CRT monitor? Is it VGA?
--
Amr Ali

may be this will be helpfull. if u cant find source codes - send me PM, i will send u the files. in this project u must write (define in ram) your own frame buffer, this is only controller for hs, vs, blank and pixel position.

@manoj_sreekumar hii... i am working on implementation of median filtering on image on FPGA..but i am not able to make out how to take the pixel values...did you use any file i/o read and write oeration?? can you tell me how to take image as input to vhdl code....pls reply

@headup:
hey... I have a problem with programming the VGA controller... Do you have any source codes in VHDL for that controller already written??? I would be happy if you can send me it...
pls reply

dear all

i have spartan 3E fpga kit and i want to store image on it in order to do some digital processing on it.
knowing that : this kit include that : plat form flash also SDRAM
and i do not know what is the best way. using RAM or FLASH to store image
and how can i store it , is this by RS232 from PC to fpga kit? or
is this by VHDL code?

really I need to your help
best regards

@ headup

hi
i am working on sobel edge detection algorithm using FPGA , i am using SRAM to read and write the info and i have few problems with the VGA controller, so if u can send me the filer for VGA controller that would be helpfull to me

thanks in advance

may be this will be helpfull. if u cant find source codes - send me PM, i will send u the files. in this project u must write (define in ram) your own frame buffer, this is only controller for hs, vs, blank and pixel position.

Hello headup,

I am implementing a FPGA arcade game using "Verilog". Could you please send me the files that are required to display the graphics on a VGA display. I have no clue where to start. I have read some basics about partitioning ROM into Character ROM etc. Also are there any special Verilog code that I need to use to if I decide to use keyboard input.

Please help ASAP

Thanks a lot,
adarsh

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.