Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image Processing using FPGA VGA controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

manoj_sreekumar

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hiii... Im Doing a project on Edge detection using sobel operator..I hav implemented sobel operator and obtained the output image matrix...now i need to display it on CRT monitor...I'm wondering if someone helps me with the vhdl code.....I do not know how to start it.

Re: Image Processing using FPGA

What is the input to CRT monitor? Is it VGA?
--
Amr Ali

may be this will be helpfull. if u cant find source codes - send me PM, i will send u the files. in this project u must write (define in ram) your own frame buffer, this is only controller for hs, vs, blank and pixel position.

@manoj_sreekumar hii... i am working on implementation of median filtering on image on FPGA..but i am not able to make out how to take the pixel values...did you use any file i/o read and write oeration?? can you tell me how to take image as input to vhdl code....pls reply

@headup:
hey... I have a problem with programming the VGA controller... Do you have any source codes in VHDL for that controller already written??? I would be happy if you can send me it...
pls reply

dear all

i have spartan 3E fpga kit and i want to store image on it in order to do some digital processing on it.
knowing that : this kit include that : plat form flash also SDRAM
and i do not know what is the best way. using RAM or FLASH to store image
and how can i store it , is this by RS232 from PC to fpga kit? or
is this by VHDL code?

really I need to your help
best regards

@ headup

hi
i am working on sobel edge detection algorithm using FPGA , i am using SRAM to read and write the info and i have few problems with the VGA controller, so if u can send me the filer for VGA controller that would be helpfull to me

thanks in advance

may be this will be helpfull. if u cant find source codes - send me PM, i will send u the files. in this project u must write (define in ram) your own frame buffer, this is only controller for hs, vs, blank and pixel position.

Hello headup,

I am implementing a FPGA arcade game using "Verilog". Could you please send me the files that are required to display the graphics on a VGA display. I have no clue where to start. I have read some basics about partitioning ROM into Character ROM etc. Also are there any special Verilog code that I need to use to if I decide to use keyboard input.

Please help ASAP

Thanks a lot,
adarsh

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.