Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm looking for a ccs icd-s20 & icd-s40 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

preatorian

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
changing icd1 to icd s40

Hi,
I have now ICD1 and I want to run it on 20 & 40 Mhz. I know - for 20MHz is needed the same PIC16F876, but for 40MHz - I need 10Mhz crystal and PIC18F252.
Thanks

icd-s40 firmware

If you have downloaded the ICD-s software from CCS's website, you would see a *.fw firmware file. It is essentially a file that combines the firmware for all chips. You just have to extract the one that you need and save it as a *.hex file.

preatorian

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hex for icd s40

Thank you checkmate,
I have a question - is this the entire firmware or it is only the bootloader?

using icd1 with ccs

It is the entire firmware.

I have also modifyed an "old" ICD1 with 18F252 10 MHZ crystal and the extracted firmware. Programmed it into the 18F252 and it is an ICD-S40 now :D

Please note that there are two versions one for PIC16 and one for PIC18 depends which chips xou want to program with the ICD later ...

best regards

icd1 to icd s40

C-Man said:

I have also modifyed an "old" ICD1 with 18F252 10 MHZ crystal and the extracted firmware. Programmed it into the 18F252 and it is an ICD-S40 now :D

Please note that there are two versions one for PIC16 and one for PIC18 depends which chips xou want to program with the ICD later ...

best regards

Have you been able to use the bootloader for the ICD1 with 18F252 ?

pic16f876 icd s20

hugo said:
C-Man said:

best regards

Have you been able to use the bootloader for the ICD1 with 18F252 ?

I did not try that but I think it can not work as the operating frequency and fuse setting is totally different.

I just programmed the code into the 18F252 using a stand alone programmer.

best regards

Hi to all again :),
I'll try that, C-man. Have you tried to upgrade the firmware through the icd.exe? I've tried with the 16f876A with modified bootloader but it gives some errors :(...
regards

Added after 59 minutes:

I had a look at the *.fw file. There are two versions of the s-40 firmware. I think that both are for 16 AND 18 series, but the firmware types are different: 0x60 and 0xa0. What is the difference?
regards

preatorian said:
Hi to all again :),
I'll try that, C-man. Have you tried to upgrade the firmware through the icd.exe? I've tried with the 16f876A with modified bootloader but it gives some errors :(...
regards

Added after 59 minutes:

I had a look at the *.fw file. There are two versions of the s-40 firmware. I think that both are for 16 AND 18 series, but the firmware types are different: 0x60 and 0xa0. What is the difference?
regards

Yes I tried to upgrade firmware through icd.exe no problem after the 18F252 has been programmed through stand alone programmer once.

No if I remeber correctly the 0x60 software is for PIC16 and the 0xA0 software is for PIC18 but as I wrote above once one of them is working you can always change to the other via icd.exe.

best regards

Hi C-Man,
I have my cloning of ICD-1, modyfied to ICD-S40, but I can't upgrade firmware with icd.exe, after 18F252 has programmed with stand alone programer. I think that in extracted firmware from *.fw is missing a bootloader. Can you share your hex file for 18F252, please ?

best regards,
pirev@abv.bg

pirev said:
Hi C-Man,
I have my cloning of ICD-1, modyfied to ICD-S40, but I can't upgrade firmware with icd.exe, after 18F252 has programmed with stand alone programer. I think that in extracted firmware from *.fw is missing a bootloader. Can you share your hex file for 18F252, please ?

best regards,
pirev@abv.bg

Hi,

there is nothing missing in the firmware files.

I am afraid I can not upload the code here because I do not want to violate copyright of CCS.

Are you sure you have extracted the correct file??

You could pm me your file and I will check it ...

best regards

Hi C-man,
can you send me your firmware, please?

regards

p.s. Thank you very much

C-Man said:
pirev said:
Hi C-Man,

best regards,
pirev@abv.bg

Hi,

there is nothing missing in the firmware files.

I am afraid I can not upload the code here because I do not want to violate copyright of CCS.

Are you sure you have extracted the correct file??

You could pm me your file and I will check it ...

best regards
Hi, C-Man, in *.fw file is missing a bootloader. If you have original working ICD-S20 or ICD-S40 unit from CCS there is no problem, but if you make own ICD-S20 or ICD-S40 ( using old MicroChip ICD-1 or some cloning of ICD-1 ) and use firmware from *.fw file, then your ICD-Sxx is unable to update firmware through ICD Control Program. Firmware can be updated only with stand alone programmer.

With kind regards: Sv. Pirev

Yes you are right I was talking about ICD-S sorry.

Maybe anybody who owns original ICD-S40 can read the 18F252??

best regards

For all friends here is the updateable version of 18f252 for ICD-S40 :)

best regards

Hi. Thanks C-Man, everything is ok. Do you have updateable version of ICDS-20 too?

Thanks.

Sorry no but you can request it from ccs as I did with ICD-S40 :)

best regards

MODERATOR ACTION: OK but I hope you know that thank you messages are not allowed??
Please use PM in the future

Thanks a lot C-Man :), you're the best !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.