Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ili9325 tft colour touch screen with atmega32a

Status
Not open for further replies.

engallam

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every one
l want to make connection between ill9325 tft colour LCD 2.4" module with atmega32 to make touch menu, how to start ?? , what the libraries should be used?? , I want full tutorial to learn how to work with it ?

Atmel ASF library has the driver for ili9325 controller, but I'm not sure if you'll be able to use it with Mega series. At least you can run Atmel Studio, there are example projects for this lcd controller (for atmel boards with this controller) with the source code that you can use in your projects. You can review and edit it to implement your own code.

In any case, start with the datasheet, find out about initialization procedure and basic commands.

I recommend you to take more suitable microcontroller. To work with API like emWin you will need at least 50k free RAM, FSMC and DMA to get reasonable refrash rate.

Atmel ASF library has the driver for ili9325 controller, but I'm not sure if you'll be able to use it with Mega series. At least you can run Atmel Studio, there are example projects for this lcd controller (for atmel boards with this controller) with the source code that you can use in your projects. You can review and edit it to implement your own code.

In any case, start with the datasheet, find out about initialization procedure and basic commands.

Thanks, I will try to do this ?

- - - Updated - - -

I recommend you to take more suitable microcontroller. To work with API like emWin you will need at least 50k free RAM, FSMC and DMA to get reasonable refrash rate.

Thanks for replay.
But, this screen work with Arduino uno board. So, I think it will work with atmega32.

Thanks for replay.
But, this screen work with Arduino uno board. So, I think it will work with atmega32.

Almost any display can be driven by atmega. The point is throughput. Ili9325 has 320x240 resolution with 18 bit per pixel. Rough estimation gives ~1.4 mbit for 1 full frame. If you want to watch movies you have to provide at least 33 mbit/sec (for 24 fps), concurrently computing frames in the atmega (storing frame buffers somewhere, because atmega32 has only 2K RAM). Impossible. But if the aim of your design is just simple text/indicator with partial refresh once a second, atmega can drive this lcd. It is not the best solution, but it will work.

Hi,

I like AVR microcontrollers, and I often try to do very complex calculations with them
And I know Easyrider83 is no friend of AVRs....but here I have to agree with him.

320 x 240 colored pixels is no usefull display fir an ATMega32...athough maybe possible.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.