Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ids modeling of small signal HEMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ids modeling is not easy as you suppose.There are few models on HEMT transistors and each model has its own approximation.
Because Ids is pretty nonlinear just after pinch-offf then continue linearly and then it arrives to saturation region.So, there are basically three zone and a simple equation can not represent these different zones precisely.
You should take a model as a reference and define the equation as you wish but it's quite hard sine you don't have expriences.

Ids modeling is not easy as you suppose.There are few models on HEMT transistors and each model has its own approximation.
Because Ids is pretty nonlinear just after pinch-offf then continue linearly and then it arrives to saturation region.So, there are basically three zone and a simple equation can not represent these different zones precisely.
You should take a model as a reference and define the equation as you wish but it's quite hard sine you don't have expriences.

I know it is pretty hard. I just want to implement this equation using SDD component.
Ids = G*Vgs*exp(-jwt). With the circuit shown in my question it either throws an error saying a real value is expected at the SDD component or it doesn't seem to work as the output remains the same even though I change the Vgs. It would be of great help if you could just help write that equation for the SDD and how to go about the connection of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back