Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identify this transistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstefanop

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im trying to repair an identical board, and need to find the components below the 4 pin socket connector (which I'm also trying to find the exact part number for if anyone can recognize it). More importantly I need to figure out what the 3 Pin IC below the socket is, which looks like some sort of transistor.

The marking is "ADZV" horizontally (with a line above the Z), and "1Y" vertically. The only thing I could come up with was with the 1Y marking, and that lead me to a NPN transistor packaged as an SOT23.

Also the tiny resistors below the socket are 0403 size correct?

yea i found that part with the 1Y marking...but I'm hopeing I can get a more exact part with the ADZV marking...can anyone identify what size packaging that is exactly? Looks like there are two transistor sizes on that bored the one in question and the smaller 1AM> transistors.

Not sure what ADZV is, but it could be a unique manufacturer's marking, date stamp, batch number, or factory of origin, and not really relevant.

So did some more reverse engineering, I'm pretty sure its a SOT-323 PNP transistor. From a live board the bottom right pin is connected to 12v VCC, top pin is connected to 12V drive pin on the socket that drives a fan. And bottom left pin was at around 5v.

So looks like bottom left pin is the base, with bottom right being the emitter and top being the collector of a PNP. Looks like the base is also biased with the emitter which would make sense in this setup.

The fans draw a max of .7 amps so I chose this 1A part as a replacement. Hopefully it works!

**broken link removed**

Anything I could have missed?

This was? AD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back