Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identify this transistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

z3phyr

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I'm having a hard time identifying this transistor. From the circuit function and layout, I figured that it is an oscillator working around 2 GHz. There is a little piece of transmission line connecting the gate to ground. The drain is biased at 2.5 V and the source is pulled down to -1V or so to turn on the transistor, and then oscillation starts until the source is returned to ground.

Any help is appreciated!

transistor_closeup.png

From the picture I can't read the marking code. What code is written on the transistor ?

I think it's either "On" or "Oh"

Have you got a more clear picture of the component ? However it seems to be a diode, since it's labelled as D6.
Sorry I saw now the component is the white one.

Yeah the white one is what I'm talking about. It is labeled Q1.

I'll try to take a better picture; need to find a better camera...

This is weird. I can swear I didn't post the following

7A MMBR901 Mot N SOT23 npn RF MRF901

THe photo looks more like something else 4D?

It was my oops.

I'm almost certain that the transistor in the circuit that I showed is a MOSFET. The MRF-901 seems to be a silicon NPN?

7A MMBR901 Mot N SOT23 npn RF MRF901

THe photo looks more like something else 4D?

Will the real ID code please be given?

This transistor may be outdated, not produced anymore. Do you want replace or copy design? I would use some vco chip or s53mv's parallel feedback oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back