Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identify jumper cable connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveInPA

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi - I'm working on fixing a pool controller and there are 2 pcbs that are connected by a flat ribbon cable (6 connectors). The male part easily pushes into the female. Then there is a small tab that fits over it that latches and adds the friction to squeeze the ribbon in.

I can take a picture but I've run into this problem of trying to locate various electronic connectors with different devices. My question is - is there some sort of reference or standardization that I can use to identify rthese things?

I've done the internet search and can figure out the type of cable, the pitch, etc. it's always the connector that is so different.

I've tried using mouser and other websites but there are thousands of variants.

Any suggestions for how to approach this?

Hi,
Try samtec, they have different types of generic cables and connectors and free samples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back