Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

idea about graduate project related to microelectronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoz

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
new ideas!!

Hi everyone!...
Could any of you give me an idea about graduate project related to microelectronics?
Any interesting area is ok for me...

Re: new ideas!!

USB-RS232 interfacing

see the attached file

also Frequency counter

design and implementation of 8psk modem

design and implemention of a simple transceiver

Thank you for the file. But it seems quite simple for a graduate project..
is there anything else?

new ideas!!

i will try

Robust Digital Signal Identifier for SDR

Automatic identification of the digital modulated signals is a rapidly evolving area. It has found wide applications in many areas, and with the rapid growing of radio communication technologies, a concept of software defined radio (SDR) has been introduced to integrate wireless applications working over any air interface and protocol. SDR can provide the standard communication platforms for adaptive receiver. In order to realize the adaptive receiver, it is required to identify the digital modulation of a signal.
the use of wavelet transform for modulation identification of digital signals without the need for any prior knowledge of the modulated signal parameters; the wavelet transform can effectively extract the transient characteristics in a digital communication signal, yielding distinct patterns for simple identification. The proposed digital modulation identifier consists of two subsystems: At the first subsystem, the type of modulation is obtained, which is called inter-class identifier and the second subsystem obtains the order of modulation within single class, which is called intra-class identifier. The inter-class identifier firstly, distinguishes three groups of signals; these groups include the signals that have the same features in wavelet domain of the PSK signal, QAM signal and FSK signal respectively. Then two sub-identifiers are used to distinguish the first group signals (M-ary ASK, M-ary PSK and OQPSK) and third group signals (M-ary FSK and MSK). Then by already knowing the order of PSK modulation, an identifier is proposed to discriminate the DPSK and PSK signals. The intra-class identifier consists of two identifiers, one for M-ary PSK signals and the other for M-ary FSK signals.
The performance of all proposed approaches must be evaluated using MATLAB and if it possible to implement it using FPGA.

I can help in this work as a have this system written in Matlab!!!!!

can you give me the link where you copied it, the second paragraph is not enough to see the whole picture.

I am also waiting for another ideas..
and thanks again for your interest..

it is not downloaded from the internet

i have a friend who worked this thesis

also I have an idea about design a copletely reconstructed transciever even its internal circuitry by using its current radio u can generate a new radio and this is wireless modification this can be implemented using FPGA

my friend, can you tell me more about the last idea you posted.
it sounds quite interesting

new ideas!!

in truth i did a survay about this idea and i do not found any one up to now did this idea.

The idea in more details is that the trans. can be core reconstructed completely in the run time not at the manufacturer location but by a device that is designed to do this gob for certain application. The reconstruction includes even the modulation type! (This mean, processor reconstruction) moreover the other data that needed for that application, hence; the trans. can be reusable many times for different applications without the need to fabricate other trans., and this will save money and time enormously. The flexibility and the abilities provided in the FPGA enable us to design such trans. in less hardware components and costs.

In simple words,
"Building other processor, test it, program it as a new trans. and put it in service by using the old processor and finally release or shutting down the old processor by using this new processor". :idea::D

Added after 4 hours 5 minutes:

Hi friend

i did not get any response from u

is my idea clear or not , is it usefull or not

if u have code of Robust Digital Signal Identifier for SDR plz send me i will be very thankful aaamir.zia@gmail.com is my email address
as i am doing similar project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back