Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

idc temperature coefficient

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccw27

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence temp temperature

Hi,

How does the temperature coefficient work for idc component in analoglib of cadence? I am trying to emulate a ptat and a bandgap current using this component.

Thanks

Added after 41 minutes:

I got it
I=Inom*(1+TC1(T-Tnom)+TC2(T-Tnom)²

Does anyone know a smart way to model a bandgap current ??

analoglib + idc

u can write a verilog-a model

analoglib + idc + tc1 + tc2

could you show me how to obtain your bandgap current? PTAT current? or the ratio of voltage reference to a resistor?
different current references have different temperature coefficiency, so their model are.

idc temperature coeffecient

I think u can model PTAT by this equation:

I=Inom* ((T+273)/(Tnom+273))

where T is temp variable defined by cadence as operating temperature

I did a fitting of my circuit bandgap current in matlab. Basically I exported the current data to matlab and fit the data into a second order equation. Then you can use idc component in analogLib and enter the dc current, tc1 and tc2.

Overall it fits pretty well with the actual circuit, maybe there is a smarter way ...

Re: cadence temp temperature

Do you know what is the typical unit of TC1 variable?
Is it "/deg C" or "%/deg C"??
======

Hi,

How does the temperature coefficient work for idc component in analoglib of cadence? I am trying to emulate a ptat and a bandgap current using this component.

Thanks

Added after 41 minutes:

I got it
I=Inom*(1+TC1(T-Tnom)+TC2(T-Tnom)²

Does anyone know a smart way to model a bandgap current ??

Status
Not open for further replies.