Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICC compiler replace FILL4 with DECAP4

WTing

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I study IC compiler a while, but need to edit an old database.
Some specified FILL4's have to be replaced with DECAP4's. (Old DECAP4, DECAP8 must keep the same places as they were)

1. I delete one FILL4 and use "insert_stdcell_filler -cell_with_metal {DECAP4}" . No DECAP4 is filled in the deleted region. why?

2. I copy DECAP4 nearby to the deleted region. Some short happened means the metal 1 in DECAP4 is on the GDS.
I can see correct verilog output(with DECAP4) , but wrong result in GDS file (still with FILL4) . why?
gds out by : "write_stream -format gds -lib_name $project -cells $cell $cell.gds"

why these 2 ways fail ? Is there any other way to replace FILL4?

WenTing

Hi
I study IC compiler a while, but need to edit an old database.
Some specified FILL4's have to be replaced with DECAP4's. (Old DECAP4, DECAP8 must keep the same places as they were)

1. I delete one FILL4 and use "insert_stdcell_filler -cell_with_metal {DECAP4}" . No DECAP4 is filled in the deleted region. why?

2. I copy DECAP4 nearby to the deleted region. Some short happened means the metal 1 in DECAP4 is on the GDS.
I can see correct verilog output(with DECAP4) , but wrong result in GDS file (still with FILL4) . why?
gds out by : "write_stream -format gds -lib_name $project -cells $cell $cell.gds"

why these 2 ways fail ? Is there any other way to replace FILL4?

WenTing
problem 2 is fieded. $cell variable not updated.

the decap cell does not always has the same properties as a filler cell.

when you ask ICC to insert filler and you pass a decap as parameter, it might not get what you trying to do. in innovus there are separate commands for insert_filler and insert_decap. it might be the same in ICC (I haven't used ICC in decades)

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back