Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC5141 tool on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4,5 version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raj297

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ic6.1 on rhel 4

Dear Friends,
I have big problem to install IC5141 software on Red Hat Enterprise edition (RHEL 4,5) version.
Does anyone here have sucess?
Ps help me out providing some keys.
thanks and anticipating for your help.

ic5141 works in rhel5

I have just setup my IC5141 software on Red Hat Enterprise edition (RHEL 4,0) version. I used the c5141.tar which has been set well on other computers,and what I need to do is to untar it in my home directory,and .cshrc,.cshinit,a cshell file are all needed.you can have a try

ic5141 install redhat

Hi there,
thank you for your information.
By the way, did you use c-shel or Bash shell to install?
thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

redhat enterprise 5 ic5141

as far as i know the problem is with the softload program. it can not work with kernel 2.6 and hence setup fails. hence tarball is the only option. has any one successfully installed using Softload on New core2Duo machine on RHEL 5?

IC6.1 softload works nicely on RHEL5, can this softload installer be used to load IC5141 CD?

any expert help.........

thanks
hock

Hi, I have encountered the same problem on RHEL 5.0, and found an information from Cadence that they plan to support RHEL 5.0 by 2008. So, I dropped the idea to install right now. If you solve the problem, please let me know.
thanks.

hock said:
as far as i know the problem is with the softload program. it can not work with kernel 2.6 and hence setup fails. hence tarball is the only option. has any one successfully installed using Softload on New core2Duo machine on RHEL 5?

IC6.1 softload works nicely on RHEL5, can this softload installer be used to load IC5141 CD?

any expert help.........

thanks
hock

Hi

you have kernel issue so for fixing that,
you need to insert this line to you .tcsh:
setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1

it should work.

cheers

Softload is not a big problem. You can untar "SOFTLOAD.TAR" from the first CD into your directory and then call "softload" directly from there.

No need to set "setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1" at all.

IC 5.141 works very well on my new Core2Duo laptop with Ubuntu 7.04 (Debian should also be fine).

Status
Not open for further replies.