Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC testing board/software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjsnare

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I am a student working on digital VLSI design. I am always wondering if there is any testing board or tool kit that can test my chips. What I usually do is to build a PCB board and socket after I get the packaged chip. And then I use logic analyzer, oscilloscopes and pulse generators to perform measurement.
I think there should be some test/development kits for a smarter, more flexible way to do this kind of testing. It would be better if I can find one that is able to everything for me :). What I am looking for is something that can give me more flexibilities on the input vectors, pulse type and signal voltages(even lower then threashold voltage).

I am asking any ideas and experiences from more experts like you. Any comment will be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

-Phill

just a question, I have just packaged my chip...n going to test the chip soon.

Is that possible if i use logic analyzer to give the input pattern to the chip.

do u have any reading material that u r willing to share.

Thanks in advance...your kind assistant is really appreciated

siva

In general, you can apply and see patterns if you use logic analyzer. But, it depends on your signal conditions, such as votage, slew rate, freq....

I don't think I have general document. I read only manuals if it is needed. Using LA is not hard at all. If you give a try, you will see right away.

-Phill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back