Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC layout parasitics extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cretu

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

i need some advice/suggestions regarding ic layout parasitics extractors. ineed for a high-speed design to simulate with extracted layout parasitics.I used in the past RF_columb*s with cadence. Can u suggest something better? do you know if columbus is the best tool? thanks in advance for you replies/suggestions

For analog circuits, IC Extract is a decent tool. Make sure you check the option for extracting capacitors between nodes and NOT to ground.

colombo2

For analog circuits, IC Extract from Cadence is a decent tool. Make sure you check the option for extracting capacitors between nodes and NOT to ground.

colombo2

Hello,
Since you are using C@dence, try Dr@cula, Div@, Assur@ as well.
However if you are doing RF design, it would not be a good choice.
Plus, so far the process migrate to deep submircon, most foundries did not support C@dence Dr@cula any more, but Ment0r C@libre/xC@ilbre did...

Regards,

Hi,

thnaks for your input..I knew partially the industry trend...I am more interested in getting the feeling if Columbus is good enough and if I can get it for linux.

As I known, there is no 0.35um Tech file(T*MC) available for C0lumbus...
I agree C0lumbus has a pretty good feature rather than xC@libre does.
But currently, it seems xC@libre did the most work in this field.
C0lumbus needs users to evaluate and endorse...

Regards,

hi Ryan,

you are right. I know that when using co*lumbus in the past the results we got from post layout sims was closer to reality. The R,L,C extraction is worth it, especially for High speed designs(over 10GB/s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back