Status
Not open for further replies.

Selvam_Perumal

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Have anyone seen an IC that can add turn on delay for a PWM but zero turn OFF delay

Hi,

I'd say "zero" is not possible.
Even a piece of wire causes a delay.

--> give values for expected turn ON delay (range, values with units)
--> give value for acceptable turn OFF delay (value with unit, no phrase like "as short as possible")
Maybe even useful information: logic family and voltages, PWM frequency, a brief description of your application..

Klaus

Hi,

At the risk of looking stupid because I'm not sure what sort of thing you're looking for, a dual MOSFET and a few passive components could be used for an ON delay, especially if it is just to control an enable pin or similar rather than a power path. This simulation looks promising to create a delay, if it's reliably accurate. Sharper turn on after the delay would need something like a comparator added.

Useful pwm dead times are in the range of a few ns for GaN or SiC power stages up to us for IGBT. A popular method to implement it in the analog domain are RCD circuits. Also a combination of symmetrical RC delays and logic gates. Monoflops can work too, but I didn't yet feel a need to use it. Digital pwm controllers (uC or PLD) will use timers.

Reactions: d123

d123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.