Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC designer or firmware engineer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will choose firmware engineer.
Why?
If you have a bug, firmware engineer recompiler the code that is no pay . But IC engineer must pay to the vender for fix this bug.The company always remember how much momey that he pay for fix your bug.

My friend, I'm from P. R. CHINA.

I feel your work in IC design is better than firm ware engineer.

because firmware engineer can be found everywhere of this

world, but experienced IC designer is less. especially in U.S.

most low level work chance may be moved to other countries

gradually.

good luck

jamesyang1209 said:
Dear Group,
I am a two-year experience digital IC designer. But I feel tired about this job.
Since only about 20% project time doing design but 80% doing verify, the job seems boring to me.
I am wondering if I should switch to firmware job.
But, some senior engineers told me follows:
First, firmware engineer seems less important than IC designer.
Second, firmware engineer is not so hard to enter; many college students can do that job well.
Third, if you want to stay in U.S, IC design is better than firmware since more and more software effort will be done in India and China.

What’s your opinion?

"Know, Love and Believe in what you are doing, you'll be the happiest person"

no_mad said:

I totally agree, just for that money thing - you should be in Asia or the US. Don't mean to sound negative about the rest of the world but it's just plain old economics

~B

no_mad said:
totally agree. you doing sth, but u dont like it, no work is meaningful to u. if u are passionate and can insist, u can do anything good, the key is u r loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back