Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IBM 0.13um technology nwell contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldynasa

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I'm confused between two vias: nw-to-M1 and rx-to-M1. I figured the first one is from nwell to M1 and the second is from active layer to M1. Looking at two vias in the layout, the only difference is that nw-to-M1 has an extra surrounding nwell compared with rx-to-M1. So if I put rx-to-M1 in a large nwell, is it the same as a nw-to-M1 via?

Thanks!

I don't know the IBM PDK, so I'm not sure about the rx layer. If it's a poly resistor layer, then it's a surface layer as well as nwell, so a contact to M1 is ok.

If such a poly resistor on nwell is modeled in your PDK, that's a different kettle of fish. At least you should know its resistivity.

Yes, RX is active layer and your understanding is correct about putting RXM1 in NW concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back