Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2C stops working when the MSB is "0"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProminentRD

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im working on a project with dsPIC30F as master. It is successfully sending data to two other slaves: one is PIC16F and the other one is display. But when ever the master tries to read data from the slave PIC, if the MSB of the data in the buffer of slave is "0", then the I2C stops completely. Data and Clock lines stays high and low respectively and should reset the Master again to make the bus running again. If the data to be read from the slave's buffer has "1" as first bit, then no issues and works fine.

Hi,

hard to say without more information.
All you say we have to treat it "as is" and we are not able to validate it.

Send a schematic of the whole I2C system. .. including power supply and exact device types.
Did you write code for the master, the slave(s) or both?
Show your code.
Also please show a scope picture of the whole communication from I2C_IDLE to the error

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.