Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2C Networking Microchip Pic 16f876

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrotts

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I posted a topic a few weeks ago regarding I2C networking using crownhill pic basic plus. My problem being communicating between two pics on the I2C bus. I received several helpful answers, and have worked through them, taking a break for christmas :lol: . I have managed to find the root of my problems, and it lies with the fact I am using Proteus VSM to simulate the circuit. Unfortunately Proteus does not support the PICS native I2C commands. I assume PIC basic's commands work differently, so they can be simulated? Anyway, my question is: Is there any other simulation software that will allow me to simulate two PICs communicating over I2C, or Is there a better way to implement I2C, perhaps another compiler supports more features.
If all else fails I will build up a prototype, but I am trying to avoid that as I2C is only a small part of the overall project.
I see that a new release of Proteus is imminent, does anyone know anything about this? I am using Crownhill PIC basic Plus V1.10, does anyone know where an update can be had?

Thanks in advance

Carrotts

If you have enough place in your chip you can use sofware I2C routines
(like those for 16F84). Proteus will simulate I2C by sofware if it doesn't
simulate MSSP I2C mode.

I don't know many things about Basic for PICs but maybe there is
an option that tell your compiler not to use hardware I2C and generate
soft routines.

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search