Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2C Clearification!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacrpio

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I wanted to know about Unique Addresses of IC.
Does every IC has it's address. wheather it is hardware or software address. IS this address providing by manufacturer?
Same type of IC contains same type address or different addresses.
eg. Suppose i am having four IC 8051 (PHILLIPS), they are having same addressess or diffirent addresses. If they are having same addresses & i want to connect them through I2C then How I will connect them...
them...

In the case of something like an eeprom in an 8 pin IC, 3 of the lines are used for setting the address by tying them high or low. In the case of a micro like 8051, you set the address in software. ie, the micro recieves all messages and decides what to do?

Device address is 7 bits long.
Some devices have preset Address By device manufacturer and also have
Some extra pins for setting of last tree or two lsb digit bits for example manufacturer set address like 1010XXX here Xs set by external pins. But some devices even dose not have such ability and all digits of address set by manufacturer fore example 1010111.

Status
Not open for further replies.