Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2C Address Control for slave devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiwari.sachin

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone.

Let me explain you what I am trying to do.

1. I have a master (LPC1788).

2. I have 6-8 Slave devices (LPC1768). All of them will have the same code. I2C address will not be defined Initially. Let me call these slave as S1, S2, S3, S4, S5 and S6

I have attached the image explaining the details on how I would want to configure/control the hardware flow.

Following is what I am trying to do.

On Very first power up

1. Master will interact with S1 and assign a I2C address to it. Conf bit will be initially 0 and once address is configured properly, the conf bit would become 1 and will turn on the switch thereby connecting the clock line to next device which is yet to be configured.

2. The part 1 process should continue and S2 should be configured now and so on till all slaves are configured with address.

Consider I give

S1 address as 0x01
S2 address as 0x02
S3 address as 0x03
S4 address as 0x04
S5 address as 0x05
S6 address as 0x06

Initially only master interacts only with S1 and hence can configure it. My doubt is how can I configure address to it and that too using I2C and it needs some slave address.

When the clock line is connected through switch1, I would have already assigned S1 with address 0x01 and S2 is still needs assigning of address then How would S2 respond.

Attachments

• I2C Config.JPG
    I2C Config.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 68

Status
Not open for further replies.