Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I would like to know how the two circuits are equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zxcv2201

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am reading the following paper, and it is difficult to understand that the circuit in the picture is an equivalent circuit. Is there anyone who can tell me how the two circuits are the same?

"A fully differential ultra-compact broadband transformer based quadrature generation scheme"
figure0.png
figure0.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Solution
Hi,

In addition to FvM:
Let's say you have an R and a C in series.
You may build/calculate an equvalent circuit where R and C are in parallel....but only for one dedicated frequency.

Let's say a 1k + 100nF in series may be eqivalent to 1.5k || 68nF but only at a dedicated frequency.
(Just as example, I did not take the effort to do true calculations)

But for the eqivalent usually neither C nor R will keep it's value.

Klaus
Your circuit schematics have no terminals or sources. Also the transformer lacks any parameters (ideal or has Lh + Ls, n1:n2). Impossible to tell if and which regard they are equivalent.

Hi,

In addition to FvM:
Let's say you have an R and a C in series.
You may build/calculate an equvalent circuit where R and C are in parallel....but only for one dedicated frequency.

Let's say a 1k + 100nF in series may be eqivalent to 1.5k || 68nF but only at a dedicated frequency.
(Just as example, I did not take the effort to do true calculations)

But for the eqivalent usually neither C nor R will keep it's value.

Klaus

Solution
It seems that I am replying incorrectly because I am not familiar with how to use the page. Thanks for all replies, here is the link:

It seems that I am replying incorrectly because I am not familiar with how to use the page. Thanks for all replies, here is the link:
just use the "preview" button (top right of the editor window) to check your post.

Klaus

In the original paper, the circuits are three-port networks, with the resistors representing ports. With that in mind, it's fairly straightforward to see how they are equivalent if the transformer has no leakage (k=1), a 1:1 turns ratio, and magnetizing inductance equal to L in the first figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.