Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i was a RF fresh man, some questions about RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF_beginner

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
to be a fresh man ,how should i start ?
i'd like to learn PLL technology ,which book i should choose to begin ?thanks

hello man,
the best 2 start with, according 2 my experience, is 1st to review the basics of RF & microwave engineering, & afterwhich choose the topic u r intersted in by better reading some papers and articles.

Phase locked loops, for Blanchard, Alain should be ok

yup, if you've got Rf simulation tools, you could run a PLL example and start from there....

There is some helpful PLL information here:

***.national.com/appinfo/wireless/

This article maybe helpful

Phase-Locked Loop Design Fundamentals

Phase-Locked-Loop Building Block with Analog Voltage-Controlled Oscillator and Phase Frequency Detector

Thanks to my friends' reply.Maybe harmony's suggestion is righ ,but PLL is very complex.Maybe the basic principle is easy to understand,but if i go more deeply,the formula troubled me....and about Rf simulation tool,is ADS a good start?

My experience of using any CAD tool is that you have to obtain at least basic knowledge on the subject. Following the manual and clicking buttons are one thing, maybe some circuits can be built successfully in this way, while exactly understanding them is another.

For PLL design, a good start might be "Phase-Locked Loops Design, Simulation, and Application" by Roland E.Best. It's a classic one. Sometimes Agilent also provides free CDs on how to build PLLs, PAs, etc. They might help, too. You can turn to its website for more information. Good luck.

PLL is not the easiest subject to learn. However, you can start by reading some reputable text book like analog design by Razavi and Thomas Lee to begin with. Hajimiri wrote one PLL book but this one for more advanced user. Go to UCLA ICSL website. Used to have lots of paper on PLL but haven't been there for a long time.

i think there are nothing to do except the RF PA in Rf domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back