Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to synthesize my design without optimization in design compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostafa272

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I wrote verilog code for my design in gate level,but when I try to synthesize it with Synopsys Design Compiler, it changes my design automatically for optimization,but I don't like to change my design. I want to synthesize exactly what I wrote. Is there any way to force it to synthesize my design without any changes?

well if you write a gate level netlist you have to map it to the library cells which you are using. The whole idea of writing a behavioral code is that the gate level is generated by DC which can be optimized. Anyway you can always use don't_touch command on all the gates and the tool will not change those gates. I am not sure why you would want to do that?

I have to agree with artmalik. Why don't you want optimization? Do you want it to work worse than it could? Use don't_touch or keep if you must, but you should have a good reason.

My design is a low power multiplier. Previous jobs were simulated with HSPICE,but implementation of a big circuit in a spice netlist is not easy for me. so I want to synthesize previous designs and my design with powerful ASIC tool like design compiler. when I try to synthesize previous jobs, it optimizes their designs,but my design is synthesized without any changes. I expect to reduce the power dissipation,but it doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back