Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to make oscillator range from 500MHZ to 2GHZ?help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bt87

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
500mhz oscillator

I want to make oscillator range from 500MHZ to 2GHZ? which oscillator you suggest me???
Colpitts,Clapp or Hartley
and why you suggest this???
please tell me i need to know about it??

2ghz+oscillator

It is very difficult to realize an oscillator with 1.5 GHz bandwidth.
Colpitts or simular can be a good choiche, a common base bjt with the resonator in base...

Re: I want to make oscillator range from 500MHZ to 2GHZ?help

mwmmboy said:
It is very difficult to realize an oscillator with 1.5 GHz bandwidth.
Colpitts or simular can be a good choiche, a common base bjt with the resonator in base...

can i do this with cascaded circuit??

o/p of 1st oscillator in i/p of second oscillator?

Re: I want to make oscillator range from 500MHZ to 2GHZ?help

This is a Colpitts VCO example

bt87

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I guess the differential VCO may be a good choice.But due to some restrictions like phase noise,temperature effects,pulling etc. this oscillator using with dicrete components can be a little bit sensitive for practical purposes..
But it's possible..

any VCO for range of
925-960 MHZ

Try this its a 860Mhz - 950Mhz OSC with Integrated Tank Circuit. Its the MAXIM 2623

**broken link removed**

Added after 3 minutes:

Also Even I tried to do that Wideband VCO and from my experience I can tell you the best way is to take two Wideband VCOs and put them through a Mixer and filter the output. Else If you would rather have lesser work you could get a Mini Circuits Designer Kit KPOS1+ which has low phase noise Osc from 25Mhz to 1Ghz, they do have higher frequencies also like the 2GHz range.But mind you it is 13 VCOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back