Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to get an infinite cilynder in Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandruska

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hy:
I want to get a infinite cylinder in z axis. Is this possible with HFSS?. I have used condition layered impedance in the extreme of the cylinder. I have used master-slave boundary condition and the result in the both cases is the same: I get a correct result in the form (more or less) but the nivel of dB's is incorrect.

some idea about this?

why dont you use periodic boundary condition along the axes of the cylinder? Maybe this may help

what do you want exactly simulate?

Rugby

Are your looking for eigenmode or driven solution?

I have tested that the periodic boundary condition along the axes of the cylinder is wrong !

I dont think you can simulate an infinte cylinder with HFSS because this program simulates maxwell's equations in a FINITE part of the space.............obviusly you cant enclose an infinite cylander in a Finite part of space.

hi
you can simulate length of this cylinder approximately greater than 5 order of simulation wavelenth.

this site has an example of simulating scattering of infinite cylinders
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back