Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to design an amplifier at 4 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhussainshah

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all !

I am new to the subject of microwave circuit design , Ive been given assignment to desing the amplifer at 4 Ghz frequency , how do I get started , I ve chosen the appropriate transistor , how to design the biasing. Plz guide

Tc

try this book:

Microwave Transistor Amplifiers: Analysis and Design

Guillermo Gonzalez

https://www.amazon.com/Microwave-Transistor-Amplifiers-Analysis-Design/dp/0132543354

very good book for beginners.

if you really dont wanna read the book. then read the datasheet of the device you have chosen and then bias it such that the DC current is the intermediate value that is suggested by the datasheet. this value usually will be the one works for most situations although it is not necessarily the one for optimum performance.

You can use MMIC amplifiers available in the market. Their biasing configurations are easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back