Not open for further replies.

newmedia

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I never done I/O related works, but I have to design a test circuit which can send 4GHZ clock signal to oscilloscope. So I need helps from you guys.

I will land an AC probe on a on-die landing pad, and this probe will be connected to a SMA cable. This cable will be connected to oscilloscope through SMA connector.

Anybody tried similar simulation in Spectre or Hspice? How did you construct your simulation? Did you use a RLGC model or S parameter model of SMA cable and connector?

I welcome any comment on this.

Thank you,
Jinwook

Hello,

Actually, I finished my simulation.

I started with a assumption that the probe will not significantly damage the measurment.

And then I googled various wire company web sites and got the wire dimentions of SMA cable. And then I simulated the structure in Ansoft Q3D. (I did not have any real cable utill this point).

After this, I borrowed a SMA 3.5mm cable from other guy and extracted S parameters from a network analyzer.

And then, I used the nport model in spectre to include the extracted S parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.