Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to Use c in programing pic16f877

Status
Not open for further replies.

extradeath

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all friends

I need to det a way to learn c for programming Pic 16f877
I have a good back ground about c but I don't know how to use it doing that with the pic
plz help

extradeath said:
Dear all friends

I need to det a way to learn c for programming Pic 16f877
I have a good back ground about c but I don't know how to use it doing that with the pic
plz help

If you have a good C background, you dont have a problem at all.
There is a number of C compilers.
Try the CCS one, which is the most common those days.
Start from seeing few examples and go to the CCS forum: https://www.ccsinfo.com/

If you have a good C background .I think the HI-TECH PICC is good for you .

I personally use the c2c compiler. Im sure this isn't the best one out there but for almost all situations it does its job and well.. And comes with a nice IDE.

I use this compiler as it is cheap, and also has a linux compiler available.

Just my 2c

i think CCS compiler better than other because there is alot of built in function
which help you

If you are a newbie I think that your best choice is the CCS compiler, is simple to use and all the pheripheral drivers are included, you don't need to study very deeply all the device manual and your application cab build in shortest time.

Dino

look this ebook , it is good for beginners

I have been using CCS for a year. I beleve that CCS is not the good C compiler to use with. I am thinking to switch it to Hi-Tech.

One of examples why I don't like CCS is when I used the I2C functions in CCS, they are not working OK. then I have to re-write the driver to do so.

benri22

Added after 2 minutes:

The good examples to use CCS I like very much is the link following:

http://www.vermontficks.org/pic.htm

benri22

Thanks alot for your rapid reply
But I still one something that contains the instructions with some kind of tutorial Example

Please don't feel I'm stupid...

Both compilers come with a set of example programs. Coupled with the help file, these are just about sufficient to get you started.

just find the CCS and Hi-Tech programs and install.
there is example folder of them. for Hi-Tech
www.microchipc.com is good reference site.
olso you can find some CCS examles in ccs web site.
you can find a lot of examples of CCS in the web.
and these are enough for the beginners. and you can find additional support from their forums...
personally i suggest the Hi-Tech.... close your eyes and select one of them. really it dosn't metter. i know people using both of them professionally and all of them happy:))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back