Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to simulate a motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltonjohn

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab motorsim

I need to simulate a dc motor .. Does any body knows a soft that allows me to design my own dc motor according to whatever needs i have
speed , current etc ..???

Please give a hand............!

Take a look here:

**broken link removed**

Powerful Software for the Design of Rotating Electric Machines

RMxprt quickly calculates the performance of rotating electric machines, allowing designers to make initial sizing decisions and to evaluate hundreds of design alternatives in a matter of seconds .

I need SPICE models of dc motors with a tachometer either optical or magnetic ... I had no luck so far!

HI

Do you know if ICAP could simulate a motor controlled by a PLL .

I'm looking for that type of simulator

Hi
You can find many papers about PLL simulation using Spice Behavioral Modeling.I think the ICAP could satisfy your demand.
I built some complex electroacoustic lumped parameter model using spice.

Good luck!

ynhe

In my opinion, the best tool to simulate DC/AC motors is MATHLAB!!!!

U can find ready to use models and simulations of DC/AC motors at:

h**p://www.ece.umn.edu/users/riaz/macsim/readme.html

the file <electricdrives.zip> contain all the simulations in MathLab.

Also take a lock at the amazing videoz that explain haw a motor work!!!

If you can obtain the parameters of the mathematical model (for example using the tool sugested by Robin Hood, or calculating them by hand) the simulation is verry simple

VisSim, matlab, MotorSIM, PSIM may help
PSIM has a demo version: h**p://w*w.powersimtech.com/download.html

Hi

someone has already suggested matlab.........thats good.!
i also strongly recommend this tool b/c to simulate the characteristics of DC/AC motors, basic thing is to evaluate mathematical model which you can develop yourself in MATLAB.

u may see servomechanism simulation tool file uploaded on MATHWORKS.COM website by khalil sultan from pakistan. (u may search that). its really an artistic work done.

regards

**broken link removed**

new PSPICE version 10.3 also has BLDC motor model, complete with Bemf feedback. i forget exactly what library it is, but i saw it. try a part search for *BLDC*

Mr.Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back