Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need introduction to Microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng_shady00

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I know nothing about microcontrollers or PIC's.
I just want an ADC to apply an analog signal to pc and process it with matlab.
I think Analog/Digital conversion by microcontrollers are better and cheaper, is that right?
I want anyone to help me choosing one to satisfy my needs.

What else can i do with PIC's?

If anyone kindly have files or links explaining the principles of microcontrollers which i can start with, please send it.

Thanks in advance.

What about choosing a simple PIC as a start for ADC?

Thank u so much.
But i don't know which PIC can i choose.
I want a simple and easy one to begin.

Above mentioned PIC's are good. Also concider 16F873 and 16F877, both also have PWM module, comparactor mod etc etc.

ENJOY!

begin with the basic pic16f628a

Hi,
Pic 16f628a does not have ADC. Better try with Pic 16f887 as this Pic is having all the internal modules and moreover a Free Book on this Pic can be downloaded from mikroelektronika site, www.mikroe.com. This book is very useful.

For learning Pic, the sites provided by Awarapunshee are appropriate. Everything for a newcomer is available in those sites. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.