Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help in microprocessor 8085 interfacing design

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannnish

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microprocessor 8085 interfacing

please somebody help me suggesting some good sites related to 8085 microprocessor. i actually need some interfacing input output designs samples using decoder. if u r fluent with 8085 then please help me to answer "how does decoder works with multiple devices and which pin is to be given to decoder and devices as select pins"
please somebody help me.......... i would be very thankful to u if u supply me with some designed pictures of 8085 interfacing input device, output device, ram and rom at the same time it doesnot matter how much is the size of rom or ram is..........

8085 interfacing

Hi
The book by Ramesh Goanker on 8085 may be help full.
You have to map the device as an IO or memory mapped device and decode the address. The decoded address may be used as the select pins for device too.

8085 microprocessor interfacing

8085 has become atleast 10 years outdated. if you need to make a project using a microprocessor better use a ready made kit, the kit will have all the I/O devices, and RAM and ROM.
in the present day and age it will be very difficult for you to get hold of a new 8085 chip.

it will be better if you use a 8051 family member, there are plenty of them available and lot of information schematics, boards are available

interfacing of 8085 microprocessor

Hi,

In case you have one available, I'll recommend you to read the book: Digital Computer Electronics by Albert Malvino, Almost all its topic is focused mainly on 8085 and 8085 Interfacing and support chips such as the 8255 and the 8153.

interfacing of 8085

Do u mean a BCD to 7-SEG decoder? or what decoder type?

Anyway, generally to interface to 8085, you have to choose an address to assign to the interfacing chip. This is usually be in the address space available in your address decoder chip. I used to utilize a 74LS138 BCD-Decimal decoder, Set input A, B and C to the A13, A14 and A15 respectively. The CE pin will be connected directly to the WR pin so this is an O/P port.

Is this what u r asking for or what? please clarify...

interfacing of microprocessor 8085

i do have gaonkar's book and i deal with it. i dont make mistakes designing using nand gates but i feel i might make mistakes at the input terminals of decoder if i am to use it. please help me solve this problem ........i believe this should make my concept clear.
" design an address decoding circuit to map 22k rom at 0000H, two 16k ram at 8000k and an input device at 2000H and output device at 2001H."
in this question i have only one problem i.e. what to keep at enables pins of decoder snice there are three pins and what to keep at select lines in decoder as they are also three in 3 - 8 decoder.

8085 microprocessor interface

usually
it's better to use uC with internal flash memory
like 89c52 or pic18...

design using internal flash memory reduse # of component & pcb size
(& price)

yuv
EM: yaharoni at 013.net.il

alternately you can have a look at microprocessor and interfacing by godse

---------- Post added at 10:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

it acts as both text book and reference

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

it acts as both text book and reference

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

you are absolutely right
8085 has become atleast 10 years outdated. if you need to make a project using a microprocessor better use a ready made kit, the kit will have all the I/O devices, and RAM and ROM.
in the present day and age it will be very difficult for you to get hold of a new 8085 chip.

it will be better if you use a 8051 family member, there are plenty of them available and lot of information schematics, boards are available

Status
Not open for further replies.