Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya_g8

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, I have been looking around, for a laser distance measuring device, about 200$, but couldn't find anything related. Could anyone suggest some distance measurement lasers.
I will describe my project needs. I need a laser scanner/range finder to detect cars in parking spaces in a parking lot, basically know how many parking spots are empty in a given area, I am hoping to scan 10 cars with the laser, I am open to having a motor rotating the sensor to detect different cars.
I am open to other sugesstions.
Thanks

The Stanley Fat Max TLM100 can be had for less than $200 USD new. Used versions are on eBay for much less (See: **broken link removed** ). It is quite accurate. More expensive versions are even more accurate and/or have greater range. According to Stanley engineers (personal communication) it uses time of flight.

John

I can use it, but I will have to hack it! I think I am looking for a module to fit on a controller without hacking it. Cause I have to reply 1000 of those sensors at various parking lot close by! I also need some way for it to connect to a micro controller so I can get the reading right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…