Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need a cheap laser distance finder with serial/i2c/usb interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya_g8

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, I have been looking around, for a laser distance measuring device, about 200$, but couldn't find anything related. Could anyone suggest some distance measurement lasers.
I will describe my project needs. I need a laser scanner/range finder to detect cars in parking spaces in a parking lot, basically know how many parking spots are empty in a given area, I am hoping to scan 10 cars with the laser, I am open to having a motor rotating the sensor to detect different cars.
I am open to other sugesstions.
Thanks

The Stanley Fat Max TLM100 can be had for less than $200 USD new. Used versions are on eBay for much less (See: **broken link removed** ). It is quite accurate. More expensive versions are even more accurate and/or have greater range. According to Stanley engineers (personal communication) it uses time of flight.

John

I can use it, but I will have to hack it! I think I am looking for a module to fit on a controller without hacking it. Cause I have to reply 1000 of those sensors at various parking lot close by! I also need some way for it to connect to a micro controller so I can get the reading right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back