Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i m fresher- plz guide me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepikaaa

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear sir,

I want to learn analog and layout designing.. i dono anything about chip designing except that i studied in my VLSI designs subject in my college.. Presently i m doing hardware designing.

how can i start to study sir?? what ll u suggest me to learn? should i take any course??
thank u in advance.

Deepsss.

hi,

you can start the basic layout design using cadstar(good for beginner). you can find all the information about basic designing in the following link

**broken link removed**

you can download the cadstar software and follow the steps given in the manual. start with cadstar,then go for allegro etc.,

The link is of Cadstar Version 8. There are newer versions,the steps will be the same,but it will be better explained in this version
Hope this will be helpful ...

Hi,

There are free tools for Analog Layout Design. They are MicroWind and Magic. These tools come with the document "how to draw a inverter".

Rgds,
JK

hmmm.. thank u for yr immediate reply sirs..
and sir,. how can i start with??? can i go straight away to use the tool??? or, should i read any documents before using tool.? which option will be good?
thank u in advance.

Deepsss...

hi,
As you told you are a hardware design engineer,you might be knowing the basics. there are 2 ways to start
1. I strongly suggest that you ask any of your friends who knows about layout designing to teach you in the beginning(atleast the basics about using the tool) or you will keep studying pdfs etc and 1 or 2 months will pass,you will lose interest.
2. Start with the layout tool whichever you feel comfortable or interesting and start doing a small portion of the circuit(for this you must know few parameters like thickness of the tracks,space between tracks,routing constraints etc......do the homework)
The second step will be tough but. Search for the answers or Post your doubts whatever it is, i am sure you will get the answers.
All the best:smile:

hmmm.. thank u sir.. as u told, it ll b really good if i get any friends to teach me abt the basics of the design and tool..

Deepsss...

this would be the last warning against using short words in sms languages or short hand scripts... use complete words.. this is not mobile phone....

All your post will be deleted from now on without informing you... if you continue to do so you will be infracted.

I dont suggest you to use the tool straight away....You can go through books..Learn the basics..Tools any one can use..But the ultimate goal must be learning...So I suggest you to go for basics and get thorough with concepts...You will learn the tool usage gradually...All the best

hello deepika,
first of all tell me what are you working on.
and which field are you interested in
1)PCB
2)custom IC
3)digital
there are different ways for each field
hope you understand

regards,
sudheer chowdary

Hi,All

I am in PCB DESIGN and interested in chip design,can any one guide me please

thanks alot

If ur willing to know more about Analog Layouts study this book "Art of Analog Layout" by-Alan Hastings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back