Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i am performing energy harvesting in WSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

irfaanprof

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,,i am currently doing a research to build a simulator for energy harvesting in wireless sensor networks...who can help me?? THANKS

Hi, what is energy harvesting please?

Actually energy harvesting is a technique used to promote the energy usage of a node of a sensor..Nodes become unusable after its battery(energy) has been used up,,,so there are techniques such as energy harvesting whereby the cell in the sensor node can use energy from the nature to use the sensor for a longer time..hope u understood wat u actually meant!!!

kind of..but i am not familiar with this, so i cant help..sorry

The simplest way is to operate the sensors in sleep mode, receive mode and transmit + receive mode, with different power settings at each. Alternately depending on your application, you can have the sensor sense only at a certain frequency (say for two seconds) a minute.

So what kind of application are looking at ?

Status
Not open for further replies.