Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I am going to design an IC with analog & digital partio

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomlih

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a beginner,PLZ give me a ref or tell me how to start &
which tools can be used ,THX!

Re: I am going to design an IC with analog & digital pa

You will most certainly receive many good hints regarding programs, methods, planning etc. on the topic in time. The design that is in my mind at the moment is a A/D converter, which by its nature consists of analog parts and digital parts. A great danger in this mixing of analog and digital circuits is that the digital parts produce noise that transmits partly through the substrate. This noise affects the analog parts and is difficult to estimate.

There exists a tool that is supposed to show graphically the noise levels on different parts of the chip and though I have never tested it, I think it may be very useful as a part of the program suite that you may need to use to successfully accomplish your design. The program I refer to is SubstrateStorm from Cadence. If anyone has it, please send me a PM.

As a general hint regarding tools for analog/digital design, Cadence, Mentor Graphics and Synopsys are amongst the larger makers of tool suites for this area of design. Check their homepages for datasheets and recommended workflows to get a glimpse of what is available and considered working.

/Pim

tomlih said:
I am a beginner,PLZ give me a ref or tell me how to start &
which tools can be used ,THX!

if you begin in a company,
things will be much easier

EDA tools is on the one hand, the other important thing is that you must be
familiar with various kinds of mix signal circuits, especially analog circuits, like, AMP, A/D, D/A, PLL, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back